Farmer Football.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Coaching Change or New Direction?, Vote in the poll and post your thoughts here.
Coaching Change or New Direction?
Should there be a coaching change of any kind or new direction?
Fire Olin! [ 7 ] ** [30.43%]
Fire Olin & His Entire Staff! [ 7 ] ** [30.43%]
Keep Olin but find a new defensive coach and approach. [ 1 ] ** [4.35%]
Keep all Coaches but change offensive/defensive approach. [ 4 ] ** [17.39%]
Other approach, state within your posting... [ 4 ] ** [17.39%]
Total Votes: 23
Guests cannot vote 
LHSFan
post Feb 7 2012, 08:30 AM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 93

QUOTE(David @ Feb 5 2012, 02:00 AM) *
Denton Ryan and Coppell are no slouches. Actually it's kind of odd seeing Ryan back in the same district after more than a decade removed. That will be tough! As for non district, that's interesting that we play Ennis, I can't remember ever playing them, at least not in a loooong time.

HC Miller and OC Bixey were formally introduced at the booster club meeting last night. How exciting. Coach Miller told us last night how for the past 12 years Katy was in the state game an average of every other year and last years 13-1 record at Katy did not sit well with their fans and he is amazed at the fact that we still love our Farmers and are committed to our Farmer players. He told us he expects hard work and discipline from our players and if we'll (parents) just "feed em and get em some rest, he'll take care of the rest".

He also commented on how hard they work to ensure we are turning out good men, future dads and productive members of society. I like that.

OC Bixey also commented and was introduced. He didnt talk much about scheme but we already know we're going to run a lot of I formation and pro set style offense. We'll have the tight end and fullback back in the offense and only use 2 WR's, occasionally going to 3 wides and rarely 4 wides. Thats ok too as we showed last year we have some players that can play. Hopefully, some of the lower skill level players can help get the starters ready to go.

The new coaches seem to be relying on the senior leaders to get things done and they realize their value to the team. He said the upper classmen (read seniors) are going to be a big part of what we do. Its nice to know since they are the most physically gifted and mature of all our players.

I like what I'm hearing from the field-house. Speaking of field-house, HC Miller said, "this field-house is beautiful and most colleges would be glad to have it as a recruiting tool but field-houses dont win games, players do".

Go Farmers and Go Coach Miller and welcome Coach Bixey. Oh, one more thing. We'll play Arlington High at UTA's new stadium next fall! Go Farmers.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gata0311
post Mar 19 2012, 08:23 PM
Post #82

Member No.: 198

I was excited to see Coach Miller was brought up from Katy, I think it was a great hire and he'll do great things. Does anybody know what defense they ran down in Katy or what coach miller has in mind for the farmers defensively?

+Quote Post
LHSFan
post Mar 20 2012, 09:34 AM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 93

QUOTE(Gata0311 @ Mar 19 2012, 08:23 PM) *
I was excited to see Coach Miller was brought up from Katy, I think it was a great hire and he'll do great things. Does anybody know what defense they ran down in Katy or what coach miller has in mind for the farmers defensively?

Farmers will run a similar D to last year. A 3 - 4 defense with 3 down linemen and 4 LB's. Offensively is where the big change in scheme will be. We'll run a pro-set type offense with lots of I formations, power formations and at times 2, even 3 FB / TE combos. We will still occasionally go to 3 and even 4 wides but we'll not run the "spread" as our standard O. HC Miller is an experienced defensive mind and will obviously concentrate on D, meanwhile, OC Brixey (former asst at Katy and HC at Comanche) will fine tune the O. The kids are working hard, lifting and running and getting that much needed attitude adjustment. Finally, these kids are getting to experience Texas HS football as it really is. I'm proud of that fact and of the effort we're seeing put forth. The new captains have been selected and voted on by the team. One from the O and one from the D, both senior leaders. The future is very bright down on the Farm.

In April we'll have the lift-a-thon down at the Farm with proceeds benefiting the Farmer Football Booster Club. This is a huge tradition at Katy and we hope also becomes one at LHS. At Katy, the whole home side of the stadium is full for their lift-a-thon. Lets incorporate that same spirit of excellence and commitment at LHS!

Oh, BTW, we'll have 5 home games this year with the first 2 tilts being on the road. One road game vs Arlington will be at the new UTA stadium and we have some 3 home district games.

GO FARMERS!! Now's the time to show what you got!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 08:09 PM
Listen to Farmer Football Live!